Friday, January 10, 2014

Ice Skater Christmas Cards


I put away the last of my Christmas decorations this week and thought I would wrap up all things holiday here on the blog as well. I wanted to share the cards I designed and sent out this year! On the envelopes I printed out addresses using this font, then painted over them with a very fine brush and white gouache.


The card itself features an ice skater illustration on the front (click on the photo above to see it bigger),


gilded edges (just painted on with gold gouache),


and a skating pond on the back with room to add a personal message.

6 comments:

Fox and Finch Antiques said...

Olivia,
That is the most charming card. I love the space for the message to be handwritten. Just delightful! A completely unique idea for a Christmas card. The drawing has just the perfect meeting of vintage and modern style. You nail it.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Gorgeous! Happy New Year to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous! Every detail is well thought out and wonderful. I wish I got cards like that in the mail.

Caitlin Flint said...

Amazing! These are perfect :)

Amy said...

What a wonderfully creative design! I really like the ice skating pond on the back for the personal message.

MaryAnn @ CraftMakerPro Software Blog said...

You are very creative Livy! I love the idea of putting a space at the back for a personal message.......

Post a Comment