Friday, February 1, 2013

Hand Lettered Holiday

This week, as I was working on some Valentine card ideas, I realized I never shared my 2012 Christmas card with you. I suppose it's quite off topic in February, but I didn't want to let it slip by unposted.




O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles) is one of my favorite Christmas carols, and I especially love the older recordings that use the original Latin, so I let that inspire the text for my card. I created the design by hand, first with pencil and paper to work out the lettering, and then with gouache paints on drawing paper. I took the scan and had it printed on Minted's Triple Thick Paper, then finished off the edges with some gold gouache, for a DIY gold-foil effect. I paired up the cards with some green envelopes, and a set of closure stickers I made to coordinate (see them larger here). Now, perhaps I should get back to my Valentines in hopes of getting them posted sometime before March!

13 comments:

Maggie Adofo said...

Christmas in February lol .. still cute! :) At least we know where to come in December for cards and ideas.

xo
Maggie
Love Scrapbook

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Hannah. said...

So pretty.

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Gorgeous as always. Next year, sell your Xmas card collections! Wishing you a very very Wonderful 2013...from me to you. (:

Chris Collinsworth said...

Love your card !!!! It's so beautiful.

airstreamdiva said...

so pretty!!!
I wonder when you say "i had it printed on Minted..." do you mean you had them print it at Minted.com or you got the paper and had it printed at a local shop??
thanks!
tara

Livy said...

I work at Minted, so one of my extra-nice coworkers was able to help me get my custom design printed — so, yes all the printing was done through them on their paper.

eskimo*rose said...

Stunning, I love your little illustration, it really makes the card
x

chiara said...

these are so beautiful! I love them!

Carole said...

c'est très BEAU

I_am_Tulsa said...

Gorgeous! will have to bookmark this for this year's Xmas!
:)

netcarsa said...

wow... so beautiful

edz-n-mheltz said...

cute

Post a Comment