Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gold Leaf

My last collegiate fall has come and gone too quickly. Rumpled sycamore leaves line the paths in the morning shadows of Moore Hall, crushed to a fine golden-gray dust under the hurried tread of passersby. The lancet windows in the coffee house still catch a bit of autumn light in their colored glass, but the embers of the annual pep rally bonfire have all but been extinguished in memory. Lectures today will be quietly halfhearted, most of the halls vacated by those already homeward bound. Final exams lie just days ahead, and it seems it's the close of both semester and season. This brings me to my last autumn craft of the year - I created table adornments for Project Wedding. If you're looking for last minute decor for tomorrow's dinner, the place cards are a snap to put together. As usual, you can find the full tutorial at Project Wedding. To everyone in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!

18 comments:

eMilyism said...

Happy Thanksgiving Livy!!

6p00df3520a4fb8833 said...

You are so talented, this is beautiful!

Hazel said...

Lovely, like always.
Keep on updating!
xxx

Ashley L. said...

You and your work are too fabulous for words. Thank you for your inspiration!

Raru said...

Looks great.
Thank for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Raru
79ideas.org

Hannah said...

Oh, it's so pretty. I just love your blog. =)

Mike said...

Really cute leaves! Happy Thanksgiving!

koralee said...

I have been away from your blog for a few posts...how I miss your amazing images and ideas. You are truly are my inspiration. I will not miss another one as I really need some Christmas ideas. xoxoxo

YOUR CANINE COMMENTATOR said...

Thanks for the beauty share. In word and image.

melinda said...

Ooh, beautiful leaves. Very eye-catching. I like your writing style too. :)

100layercake said...

I love your styling.

This one is SO beautiful.

*jillian

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

Ooooh super cute! Love!

Down and Out Chic said...

these are such a great idea! good job!

caitlindentino said...

I'm a bit late on seeing this for Thanksgiving, but saving the idea for sure.

I love the paper leaves, particularly with the tulle. What a great combo, in a new way ... thanks!

chelsea said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! They are so classy and unique too. I will have to try this.

Emom said...

simply beautiful....thank you.
smiles.

martina said...

Lovely idea, love leaves as ornaments, they#Re so pretty!

dreamzlikemine said...

aww... so beautiful!

Post a Comment