Thursday, October 22, 2009

Five in Gold

Above, figures one through five in gold. Gold frames, that is. An old and mismatched assortment, all of them somewhere between gilt and tarnish. Inside them, crystalline windows of convex glass, numbers painted bronze. And the papers - the florals seem as though they could have covered antiquated walls, peeling down through centuries, in graceful sloth. This arrangement is for Project Wedding, made from vintage frames and store bought scrapbook papers. Get the how-to and lots more photos at Project Wedding!

16 comments:

Merissa Cherie said...

Such a lovely idea! And AWESOME photography again! Love this photo! and LOVE your blog!

Theresa und Eva-Maria said...

Love those unsorted frames. I just collected a lot of different wooden frames from our attic and I will arrange them on a white wall in my appartment!
Love your blog!!! Yours, Theresa

St├ęphanie said...

Fabulous !

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Good for weddings, but a great and lovely way to teach numbers to my little ones!

Thanks for the post!

Brandi said...

Beautiful. I love the ethereal feel your photographs have to them.

nina said...

One of my favorites...gold frames! Very pretty :-)

Inty swetha said...

its beautiful.. looks so divine!!

Lynne said...

Oh lovely Livy. I think this would be a perfect use for all the wallpaper samples I've collected too!

Grace@PoeticHome said...

This is gorgeous Livy! I love the nostalgic and romantic feel of the creations.

Mermaid said...

they are so ornate and perfect...they just take the picture inside them into quite a magical world♥

A Thrifty Mrs said...

What a wonderful idea. Really beautiful.

Jen said...

geesh i'm in love! that little arrangement would look perfect in my den.

thanks for sharing with us!
Jen

Paper Lady Invites said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing!
-chelsey

red food colouring said...

ohhhh la la. thank you thank you!! that just gave me an idea!!! i love when that happens.

xo erin

Bree said...

beautiful! you have a very lovely blog!

Molly Jean said...

i love this vignette! & the DIY possibilities are endless!!! thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment