Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There and Back Again

I spent the waning days of August back home. Three months of summer and a ten week internship concluded, last week marked the start of the tepid heat and carefree hours of late summer. There are certain things I'm always grateful for while home and they're the same things I miss once I leave. In summertime its the airy curtains and open windows, the family chatter, the deep wood of old furniture, the welcomed cool of shade and grass and garden hoses and after a day full of such things, the ceaseless echo of nighttime crickets.
P.S. If you missed these photos (and their descriptions) in last month's guest series over at Decor8, here's the link.

10 comments:

Leanda said...

Sigh... this sounds so blissful. And what a beautiful home you have :)

Peek said...

pretty pictures

Lisa said...

That room looks so dreamy :)

CandieAcidCupcake said...

Sounds lovely, i was saying to my friend last night that I really wished i could hear crickets before i went to sleep. That description was quite vivid and has made me want to hear them even more :)
x

conversationpieces said...

Gorgeous photos... so dreamy :)

PaperPumpkin said...

I feel a certain longing now...

koralee said...

So lovely....I adore your home. I can almost feel the summer breeze blowing through your open windows...I love summer and the freeness it brings with it...but am looking forward to the routines of fall...your blog always inspires me!

Ann van Poperingen said...

I have similar memories from my childhood home. Just subscribed to your blog...it's lovely!
http://blog.annvandelft.com/

Lizard said...

Ah lovely photos! and your words are so dreamy ^__^

Alas summer is slowly fading here hahahha and fall is surely creeping in.

krys kirkpatrick said...

Lovely description. Curtains blowing in a cool breeze and the sound of the tide coming and going. I wake to this, along with the sea birds eating breakfast! We are fortunate to love where we live.

Post a Comment