Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Swizzle

Last Saturday was as lazy a day as I've had in a while; I was home for the weekend, and decided to while away the afternoon outside, picking lemons and spearmint, running around on the grass with my terrier and watching a giant jar of tea steep in the sun. It was a true summer day - long, light, hot and carefree. With the rest of the weekend I reunited with old friends, roasted marshmallows over backyard bonfires and found myself greeting great aunts and second cousins at a huge family barbecue. Anyway, with summer, iced tea sipping and entertaining on the agenda I came up with these swizzle sticks for Project Wedding. Set a bundle of these little beauties out at the drink table, alongside some alphabet stickers to ensure your guests don't misplace their glasses. Get the details and more inspiration at Project Wedding!

20 comments:

Olivia said...

I am very jealous of your lazy saturday! In Australia at the moment, it is cold, wet and windy, and I can only dream of running out in the sun at the moment :)
The summer swizzle sticks look so beautiful... I may just have to try them out :) xx

Kavita said...

Pretty, just like the other stuff you've done for Project Wedding.

This makes me think that it's time I hit the aisle. Oh wait,there's a man I need to find first.....well, I'll just store them away in my memory for the time being.

Polly R said...

These sticks and photos are lovely Livy. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. x

Nicky said...

That is a great idea! Perfect for making cocktails and drinks in general a little bit more interesting and fun. Thanks for sharing.

californiablue said...

Very clever idea - your photography is really lovely!

RhiannonM said...

Oh, sun tea! That is something I should do tomorrow just for fun and yumminess! Thanks for reminding me!

Diane said...

So clever. Just love them!

Lisa said...

Every time I visit here I'm amazed at how you can make every project look so pretty :)

meandering pearl said...

Hi!

melts my heart, as always

{& im having a giveaway, if youre interested?}

have a magical day!

Marty J. Christopher said...

I love these! I'm featuring them on my Friday dance! So adorable!

sara said...

Oh, so pretty! I adore that tablecloth(?) that you have as a background for the last pic!

linnykins said...

Lovely photographs! And sounds like a wonderful time.

icandy... said...

Wonderful place you have here... and what a cute project!!

Have a great day!
Christina :)

cindy said...

i love the little swizzle sticks, they are so cute. this is not my first visit, but my first comment. your blog is very soothing, i love your pictures and all your lovely projects.

amanda said...

Oh these are really gorgeous!
What a lovely idea. :)

koralee said...

PURE INSPIRATION....love it!!! Now i need to have a Party!!

artsybee said...

these are very nice!

SimplyGrove said...

These are lovely!! Love your blog:) xx

mausumi said...

Those are gorgeous!
I love everything paper.
I'll have to remember this for my own wedding (one day)!

TMCPhoto said...

those would be good whatever the social occasion, I can see festive ones for winter holidays, bright bold colours for summer.... Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best

Post a Comment