Wednesday, December 24, 2008

With Every Christmas Card I Write

My 2008 Christmas cards were finished a little later than last year's, but as most of them were hand delivered it worked out nicely. This year candy-pinks, pale green, and of course snowy white have really dominated things. The "cards" are glossy prints of the button and house photo with a handwritten message in red ink on the reverse. I sprinkled a few iridescent confetti stars inside velum envelopes before tying them up with a bit of baker's twine and addressing them with matching "Send To" labels. The stars are really my favorite part of this and Brett was remarkably patient as I ridiculously circled Michael's three times in the holiday rush looking for the perfect confetti, snow or glitter for this purpose. I'm so glad I settled on these - when the light hits them a certain way they're the same sea-foamy green as the "Noel" type. On a related note I'm sending out a "Correspondence List" postcard, so check your in-boxes everyone! I hope you all enjoy the season, perhaps I'll be back once or twice more before the new year. Can you believe it's almost 2009?

8 comments:

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Merry Christmas...or as we say in Hawaii...Mele Kalikimaka! Have a safe and merry holiday. Wishing you and yours an Excellent 2009! Stacy :)

Soon, Then said...

Your cards are lovely! I didn't realize that you were you of A Field Journal when you commented on my blog! I love all your projects and great photos!
Merry Christmas!

Grace@PoeticHome said...

These are gorgeous and created in that beautiful style of yours. I wish you splendid and very happy holidays Livy!

LBB said...

What beautiful "noel" cards featuring your house photo! And such a sweet greeting to be found in my "inbox" from you...so glad I'm on your correspondence list. :) Hope you had a Merry Christmas & wishing you a very happy new year, Livy!

~Lynn

J for Jendetta said...

simple and magnificent!

Lynne said...

I love those velum envelopes - they look fab!

cindy : quaint said...

love it all! happy new year!

annewalker said...

What a lovely card! I love the design and color combination, PINK, yayyy! Partnered with perfect christmas card messages and it will make a great greetings this holiday.

Happy holidays,
Anne Walker

Post a Comment